Hi lovelies, it is Stephie here. I wanted to fill you in on why we needed to make some changes to our range, ok without further ado..
Why the changes:
Bonbon started 5 years ago in my garage; we had no money for marketing, just a Kiwi idea to treat customers kindly, and to make them the best shower and bath treats to make their lives feel so much better! If we could do that, our customers would share their love for Bonbon and this is how we would grow, on love alone! ❤️
Skip forward 4 years and here we are, with lovely staff with families to look after, an amazing factory, a big range that is loved but was looking very messy on the retailers shelves.
"We didn't know how to plan a brand, let alone a retail shelf! Things were a mess out there and nothing made sense, it was a mishmash. We were trying new things and confusing everyone in the process".
After Covid, we were lucky enough to get some sessions with KPMG to do a deep dive on our business, branding etc. We did customer surveys, they helped us with customer data, took a deep dive into our products and processes, and ... I was mortified to hear the results! We had a lot to do to get our wee brand in line in lots of areas, but the area that hit my in the heart the most was hearing what some customers, who didn't know Bonbon, had to say.
Here is a wee selection of consumer feedback 🙈
- Your stand looks like it's for babies
- It looks too busy, what even is all that stuff
- Nope, not for my wife, it looks like it's for kids
- We can't tell it's Kiwi made, I wouldn't try it myself
- Those sprinkles on the whips look weird
And that's only a sample of the comments. 😒 Not to mention all of other hard stuff I had to face, like how Covid effected ingredients and packaging, prices had gone through the roof and securing supply became tough.
"To say things are an opportunity in disguise, felt like a stretch"
So enough sulking, sitting still was not an option. I had to dig deep and make some big decisions, something had to change to bring this Bonbon into the aligned, happy Kiwi brand I had imagined!
So I got a hold of Kirsty, my graphic designer, our team got together and Josh my business partner and I pulled apart the facts, the products, the processes and we faced up to reality. If we were going to meet the goal of being a Kiwi brand to be proud of, we needed lift our game and be spectacular.
- Brand makeover - find all of our best sellers, make them shine
- Make our range more gorgeous and happy, cleaner, simpler and fresher.
- Less is more and some of my babies had to go in order for us to deliver a cleaner, more understandable and irresistible range
- Have a clear customer in mind, brand properly and stick with it
- Focus on bringing happiness to each shower and day of our customers
- All so our lovely customers (you included of course!) know exactly what they are buying and feel good when popping it up on their shower caddy ☺
If you are keen to try something new or in pretties packaging, here is a Free Shipping Coupon babe, and it gives you 10% off Code = fallinlove